(disclaimer....writing this on my phone and have no spell check so I am not responsible for spelling or grammar.... ;0) )
Last Wednesday our social worker came back to finish up our home study. She got a little more in depth with her questions but nothing as personal as what we have heard could be asked. Our SW said that she should have our home study written within the week and ready to turn into DCFS. We just need to get our physicals done ASAP and it seems like life is getting in the way of that, even though not getting them is holding up the rest of our lives from moving forward.
So what is left on our checklist?
-physicals
-TB tests
-CPR/First Aid
-install cabinet locks
-rearrange guest room/office and clean both out
-get kids bed!!
-final walk thru
The final walk thru is when DCFS comes to the house to do just that. And then we will be an open home. An open home means that our house will be "open" to take children.
I have had a lot of people ask if we get to choose the age/gender/number of children/etc. the answer is yes. Yes we can choose what age we would like. Right now we are planning on taking 2-8 year olds. We can also choose the gender of the children we would like, but we don't care either way. That comes into play more when you have teenagers....not smart to put a teen boy and a teen girl under the same roof if you know what I mean. We also are choosing how many children we would like in our house. I believe our house will be large enough for 4 children but we are going to start with 1 and go from there. (unless we are called with a sibling group...I cannot see myself saying no just because they have a sibling). Anyways.
I am trying to think of there is anything else I need to say about the process from here...but I think I covered it.
Keep us in your prayers....I feel like our world is getting ready to go warp speed!!
(also so excited that our friends (2 sets) have both opened their homes in the last few weeks!!! Congrats to K&M and J&C!! We love y'all and so blessed to be doing this with you!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment